Sunday, December 02, 2007

I got a great way to create melodies. CHECK IT OUT...

Ok, heres what i do now when im stuck. I walk away and literally walk from my pc/keyboards. I go for a walk and try singing the melodies and i come up with thm this way.

I use the line I will always love you and manipulate it in a thousand ways with emphasis on holds and pauses, like this for ex.

I (pause pause pause)will always(hold) love you(hold)
I will always(long pause)love you
I(pause)will(pause)always(pause)love(hold)you(hold)
I will always love(pause)you(hold)
and etc.

of course you can throw in any line you want
I(pause)am an american(pause) gang(pause)star
I am an american(pause) gangster
and etc.

Play around with this, and im serious when i say WALK AWAY FROM YOUR INSTRUNMENT, once you got a good catchy melody in your head, trust me, you wont forget it, it will eat at you, then go to your jeys and bang that ish out.

Okay i sure hope this helped some, this has greatly helped me out especially during times of beat block
_______________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home